Wrinkles and lines aren’t the only signs of aging. Over time, the cheeks flatten, and the skin may begin to sag. This is caused by a natural loss of volume in the cheek area, or what the experts call age-related midface volume loss.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC is designed to add volume beneath the skin’s surface to lift and contour the cheek area. It is the FIRST and ONLY filler to correct age-related volume loss in the midface for up to 2 years.
How does it work?
Juvederm Voluma for Cheeks mimics the plumping and toning characteristics of your own facial tissue by
restoring lost hyaluronic acid that has broken down over time.
Who is a good candidate for this treatment?
- Voluma is recommended for healthy individuals over the age of 18 who are looking for a minimally-invasive procedure that will require little to no upkeep in-between treatments.
- Voluma is FDA approved, making it safe for cosmetic use in most individuals.
- If you are in relatively good health and just want to enhance your cheeks to have the cheeks you’ve never had and always wanted, or you need to replenish lost facial volume, then you are a good candidate for a Voluma cheeks treatment.
- A treatment with Juvederm Voluma XC will take less than an hour.
- Using a tiny needle, Voluma is placed under the skin, in the predetermined area.
- Before the injections, a topical anesthetic will be used to increase patient comfort.
- As Voluma is combined with a local anesthetic, the injections cause very little discomfort.
How long will it last?
- It is the only filler that is proven to last up to 2 years.
- There is no downtime required after a Juvederm Voluma XC treatment, so patients are free to return to their normal routine that same afternoon.
- However, some people prefer to wait a day or two or until all redness and swelling have diminished.